Does my crestie have mites?

risuhh2

I saw this on my crestie this morning and wanted to know if it was mites? I’m not entirely sure as I’ve never had to deal with them and can’t find any pictures similar to what this looks like. I stared at it for a good three minutes and wasn’t able to see any movement from it at all, but still, I really want to make sure my little Jimbo doesn’t have any nasty mites! I’ve never had any previous problems with her so I’m confused over what this really is. If it does, unfortunately, end up being a mite, any advice and tips on how to rid rid of them are greatly appreciated. Thank you all! 5B0D1946-56C1-4C0F-B6DC-4BB448E1CBD7.jpeg

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think it's very unusual for a gecko to get mites. It could be just color irregularity in its scales, of dirt (especially if you have a planted enclosure). If they're not moving, it's definitely not mites.

Aliza

risuhh2

I saw this on my crestie this morning and wanted to know if it was mites? I’m not entirely sure as I’ve never had to deal with them and can’t find any pictures similar to what this looks like. I stared at it for a good 3 minutes to see if there was any movement but I didn’t see any. Any advice and tips are helpful. Thank you! View attachment 80777
I think it's very unusual for a gecko to get mites. It could be just color irregularity in its scales, of dirt (especially if you have a planted enclosure). If they're not moving, it's definitely not mites.

Aliza
Okay thank you so much, I’ll make sure to keep a close eye on her for a few more days, just in case. Appreciate your help!

Visit our friends