Does my fat tail look healthy?

2134Bean

I got my fat tail on July 3rd. (I'll have pictures of when I got he/she) and they looked pretty small and had already lost and regrown its tail. I started feeding mostly dubia roaches with calcium and every Monday I alternate between d3 and multivitamin. My fat tail didn't like anything except for dubia roaches so I tested out bee pollen and I've started mixing that in and now I've been able to feed occasional waxworms and small hornworms(for treats). I still haven't been able to get them to eat mealworms or superworms. Any tips with that would be very appreciated. Also as you could probably tell, I still haven't figured out the gender. I'm not sure how old my gecko is either so I'm not sure if it's old enough. Any help with that would also be great. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-020421_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-020421_Snapchat.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20211115-020120_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-020120_Snapchat.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
There's no way to know how old an adult (or older juvenile) fat tail is. The gecko looks proportional so it seems to be getting enough nutrition. Fat tails are notorious for not liking worms and only liking feeders that hop around, though I did have one fat tail that ate super worms.

Aliza

Visit our friends