Early Egg Laying?

Swaqqums

So the other day my leopard gecko layed who eggs just about 2 weeks before was bred to my Male. When she hatched the eggs I was a little shocked that she had laid this quickly. The eggs appear very white but they have dents in the sides. Is there anything I can do?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She laid eggs 2 weeks after breeding? or before breeding? Two weeks after breeding isn't that unusual. Do you have an incubator and egg container etc? Sometimes the first clutch may not be fertile. You can candle them by shining a flashlight underneath to see if there's a red "bulls-eye". If not it may not be fertile. The dents mean that they don't have enough humidity or that they aren't fertile. Check them, make sure you have the right supplies and let us know.

Aliza

Swaqqums

She laid 2 weeks after breeding to my male. Yes I have a container and when I candled on both I saw a blood vessel loop. I don't think that the eggs are fertile.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I saw more information about your incubation methods in your other post and hope I have responded there in a way that's helpful.

Aliza

Visit our friends