Eco Earth?

scoobysnacks

hi, I have an african fat tailed gecko and i was wondering if anyone has had issues with impaction using Eco Earth as a substrate? where i live it's very dry, especially in the winter and the reptile carpet just isn't holding moisture at all for my gecko. i wanted to switch to a more absorbent/moist substrate, such as Eco Earth, but i know they can cause impaction. my gecko's about 9-10 months old and around 30 grams. thank you!

Ruvik

Ive had three leopard geckos for a year now all on eco earth and have no issues with impaction. I also dont feed them on top of the substrate. I normally have them get on top of their log hides and have them eat there,

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I keep all my fat tails on eco earth and mist every morning. It hasn't been a problem in over 10 years.

Aliza

scoobysnacks

she seems to be ingesting a lot of it when i feed her and is refusing to eat in a separate container, idk what to do now. she's driving me crazy lol

Izzyloo

Just make sure to REALLY tamp it down. I have had my gecko on the eco-earth for a bit now, abs she hasn't ingested a bit of it, since it is so tightly packed. I feed her on the substrate, as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Visit our friends