Egg bound?

Geckos4Life<3

My bearded dragon, Minty is three years old. She lives with another girl who is definitely a little more dominant. The other girl Gina, used to do a lot of head bobbing and nips on Minty's neck - though never cut her. Funny, as I just typed this Minty just done some head bobbing towards Gina.

Minty only started laying eggs around 1-2 years ago when I took her to a breeder in Dublin, Ireland who has a lot of good quality bearded dragons. The girl picked out 2 lovely Beardies that were the same size. They were called Gina and Brenda lol. Minty and Gina seemed to get along great, so off I went home with Gina.

A few weeks later Minty started doing a lot of digging (Bear in mind this was 3 years ago and Minty was my first lizard and I was a bit of a newbie) So I emailed the girl and she told me to make up a box with a wet top soil and sand mixture. So I did and Minty laid 21 eggs I think it was. That weekend we took Gina down to our local Reptile shop to confirm she was a female, and she was..

We got Gina in October and until February the next year Minty was laying eggs after eggs. She had got increasingly thin. She laid one clutch a year later and thankfully has never done since.

Minty is still rather thin and is getting everything she needs but she just doesn't put weight back on and it makes me so sad :( She only eats about 5 locusts daily and most times a little vegetables. Feeding them is tough. Greedy guts Gina just tries to eat everything. I've even separated them and fed them by theirselves but she still doesn't eat very well..

Well, get to the main problem (sorry about the long read but id rather tell you as much as I can to help me if you could). I had Minty out there on my knee and I felt I lump in her stomach about 2 1/2 - 3cm above her vent. Is this her developing an egg or is she egg bound or is it an organ and what should I do?!

Please help me and my little dragon, she means the world to me :'( I love my wee Minty and don't want anything happening to her :(

I will appreciate any help if you all could :(

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Geckos4Life<3

Some days Minty will look beautiful and bright with a lovely orange beard
56a16277-bddd-a605.jpg

And other days she will be dull - like today
56a16277-be71-1857.jpg

Whenever I noticed the lump I felt it a little - I didn't touch it much... Minty just done a tiny poo there and I think the lump may be coming out very soon... The lump has moved down a lot :( I'm scared help :( :( :(

Geckos4Life<3

she just had a bath. She looked like she was trying to squeeze something out for a while. But nothing :( I'll put a nest box in and see what happens.
56a16277-c6a3-41fb.jpg

RyuuKirin

Ryuu's colors change depending on her mood- it's easier to tell her emotions and stressors by her colors.

That said, she's had a hard tummy before, and I bathed her daily and rubbed her under her tummy with both hands in a "downward" motion, like toward her vent. Once she pooped, it was FOUL, but she felt better. It took her the better part of a week.

Geckos4Life<3

Thanks for your reply! - our vet hasn't got back to me on when to take her down yet, hopefully he'll call me tomorrow. I have been bathing her everyday and rubbing under her belly in a downwards motion, the lump has actually moved down towards her vent... So hopefully she will pass it in a few days or else the vet can help! Again, thank you for your reply! Oh, and as you said about colours and moods, she goes bright whenever she's out on my knee and after a bath, so it must be helping!

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Your vet cant see you for a few days? Impaction is an emergency case. Take her to a different vet.

Visit our friends