Eggs-Possibly?

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
I checked my female & she has two eggs developing. I'm pretty sure they are infertiles, but I don't have an egg laying medium right now. I was going to get some in the morning. Is there anything I can put inside the lay box for now? Her belly has gotten bigger over the past 2 days. I'm not sure how long the eggs take until they are ready to be lain, but I just need an alternative medium right now.

Would paper towel be o.k.?

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
I would say that paper towels are better than nothing. Though no good for digging, at least they will maintain moisture.

BiKA

Even if you have lay box,she might just lay outside the box if the eggs are infertiles.my female does,she only lay fertile egg in the lay box.

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
I just saw that I have some sand left over from when I moved our monitor to the 75gallon. Would this be better, to provide some digging? I was thinking of putting a paper towel layer at the bottom to help hold moisture & then putting sand on top....I got up late today & was unable to go get moss.

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
UPDATE ON FEMALE

I tried to get pictures of her belly, but my camera flash doesn't pick up her stomach & washes it out. Here is one that is decent, & another that just shows her belly in comparison to her body. Are eggs in there? Our am i just imagining things?

For her belly pic you might have to view the screen at different angles. that's what I had to do to find the best one.

picture.php

picture.php

Visit our friends