eggs

robin

well i was cleaning and watering and feeding my o. castlenaui (northern austrailian velevet gecko) and i found two eggs. i didnt know she was gravid. so i was not checking, so by the time i found them they had already began to dry out too bad to save. but i will be looking for more so maybe some castlenaui babies this year!!!!

robin

we will see. this is her first time laying.. i do not even know what to expect LOL. i am going to have to contact someone to find out at what temps to incubate them if she does lay more eggs. i so wasnt expecting babies this year but i love the castles so i am unable to throw away the eggs and not try to incubate them.

robin

yes they are and very cool little geckos. the female is very grumpy right now... she makes this sound kinda like a cat spiting noise (but not as loud) kinda like pffst. well only when you bother her LOL it's really cute hehe

Sally Salamander

I used to raise monilis - and during breeding season - they sounded like little cats that have sucked up helium. It was extremely funny.

Got to go - Sherriff Bart is calling for more Schnitzengruben....

robin

update my eggs went bad +( i dunno if they were infertil or what. i think this next time if she lays again i will try different incubation

robin

jeane the geckos? easy. i house 1.1 in a ten gallon. the substrate i use is a top soil and sand mixture. i keep a humid hide in there. and use cork as decoration as well as hides. they are both arboreal and terrestrial but i find them more on the groud. they change colors at night and will bask. i do not keep mine at anything over 85 (basking maybe 87 but thats the absolute highest and not all the time.. i only keep the lights on for 6 hours, at least in the summer time) degrees. mist them depending on where you live every other day or so they are cricket eaters and i use the same calcium and supliments i do for the leos. these geckos are super hardy. i also have a water dish in there.

Visit our friends