entertainment for goose!

kgb785

Hi! i have an AFT named Goose who is 5 months old. She wasn’t kept in the best condition at my local reptile store so she does suffer from mouth rot but luckily i got her into a vet 14 days ago and she’s getting a lot better! she’s taking antibiotics and a mouth ointment. anyways. that’s her backstory. i’ve had her for 3 weeks and she seems a little bored. i was just wondering what others for their geckos to keep them entertained. her enclosure currently is 1/3 repti carpet (bc she likes to kick dirt in her water) and the rest is a mix of eco earth and about 3 handfuls of reptibark. she’s in a 20 gallon long. she has a bunch of greenery on top of her humid hide and cool hide and she has a hot hide that stays around 95ish. her whole tanks humidity stays around 80%. i leave a few extra crickets after her feeding for her to hunt if she pleases and she has a sock that she likes to lay on top of. she tends to just kinda walk around and doesn’t really seem too entertained. what would y’all recommend.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have to say that fat tail geckos mostly just hang around. You could try putting new and different things in the enclosure and keeping them in there for a week at at time or so to see if she explores, but most likely she's going to be lazy. She's not bored, just doesn't need to do much to have her needs met.

Aliza

kgb785

I have to say that fat tail geckos mostly just hang around. You could try putting new and different things in the enclosure and keeping them in there for a week at at time or so to see if she explores, but most likely she's going to be lazy. She's not bored, just doesn't need to do much to have her needs met.

Aliza
Thanks! A lot of people have told me they are very active like their “cousins” the leopard gecko! i didn’t realize she would be a lazy lizard by nature. she’s a very lazy lizard anyways bc she won’t chase her food if it gets away from her after she strikes and misses but nonetheless thank you for the info and suggestion!

Visit our friends