Extreme Geckos - Anthony Adams

johanna

I would not recommend purchasing any geckos from Anthony Adams at Extreme Geckos.
[email protected]
Cell Phone: (205) 317-1875
Mailing Address:
Anthony Adams
270 Doug Baker BLVD., suite 700-314
Birmingham, AL 35242

I had a terrible shipping experience with him and since I receive my geckos he has not responded to my emails. I will post the email conversation, of which I got little to no conversation and little to no information about the geckos either. I was concerned about the temperatures but he decided to send them. I trusted that he knew how to cold weather ship. I was wrong.
Here is how the emails went (I took out my last name and email address):

"On Nov 24, 2012, at 9:16 PM, Johanna wrote:

> I'm interested in female 2311. How old is she?
> Thanks
>
To: Johanna
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: Blood Hypo

1 year. Please give zip for shipping quote...

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2012, at 12:20 AM, Johanna wrote:

> My zip code is 58102.
> I'm interested in purchasing both 2311 and 1511.
> Here is my weather forecast: 58102 Weather Forecast and Conditions - weather.com
> Let me know what if you think we can work this out.
> Thanks, Johanna
>

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:18 AM

2311 is spoken for and shipping quote is 70.43

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Johanna wrote:

> How about 8911 and 1511.
> Thanks
>

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 5:01 PM

Both available....

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Johanna wrote:

> Great. I would like to purchase those two. I can let you know how my weather looks for shipping and you can ship when you feel comfortable with the temps. I can pay whenever you give me a total and I can receive any day of the week.
> Thanks!
>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 6:12 PM

220.43 to my Paypal address

[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Johanna wrote:

> Here is my weather forcast:
> 58102 Weather Forecast and Conditions - weather.com
> Looks like Thursday for Friday arrival would be the warmest in the near future. I was hoping that the warm front this weekend would extend one more day into monday night. We can wait if you want. It is possible to get another warm period here, but it seems to only get colder as the winter goes on. There is typically no hope for warm weather January and February.
> Let me know.
> Thanks, Johanna
>

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:21 PM

Give me your full shipping address and a contact number for shipping and we will plan on shipping tomorrow.

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone

I left out the email with my address

Anthony Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
Temps are cold in your area so your going to have to get the package when it delivers. It can't sit outside....are you going to be there??

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2012, at 3:04 PM, Johanna wrote:

> Yes, i can be home when it arrives. I work close to home.

Today I received the geckos ~15 min after they arrived in my porch and found out that this person has no clue how to ship cold weather. The packaging was pathetic. The box was way too big, the styrofoam was not sealed anywhere, there were holes through the box and styrofoam (to the outside), the one tiny heat pad was outside the styrofoam right next to a hole to the outside, and the geckos were laying on top of some papertowels being tossed around in freezing cold air. They were frozen to the touch when I received them. I've had better insulation and more heat packs in the summer. I'm mad at myself for making them suffer this way. The temperature this morning was about 30degrees F.
I hesitated on giving a negative comment until I heard back from Anthony Adams, but there is nothing he can say that can justify what happened. I have asked for my shipping costs to be refunded. I think that is the least he can do.

Here is what it looked like when I opened the box. Obviously not much keeping the geckos secure or insulated. They were just tossed around in there:
20121130_101551.jpg

Here is what the styrofoam on the side by the heat pack looks like. There is a hole in the center that goes all the way through to the outside and huge air gaps in the styrofoam in the corner:
20121130_103551.jpg

Here is a hole right next to the heat pack to the outside. Bad idea when its cold. There is one on the other side too. Both go through the styrofoam as well:
20121130_103600.jpg

Here is how sad Gecko #2 looks. His body is almost frozen to the touch in this picture. This was about 20 min before I took his temperature. For a year old gecko he is tiny. He also has a huge lump on his nose, looks almost broken, that I was not told about:
20121130_101658.jpg

Here is the body temp after 45 min in their enclosures. Gecko #1:
20121130_104117.jpg

Sorry about the bad picture. I needed to get back to work and was so sad for him I was shaking. Gecko #2 at 60degrees:
20121130_104043.jpg

Here is a picture of a defect in the male which I was not told about:
IMG_6251.jpg

I have never complained about a reptile order. I have only had good dealings with people. I think Anthony needs to learn how to ship reptiles before agreeing to ship them. I hope Anthony Adams does the right thing in this situation. I will post again if I hear back from him. I have sent him 3 emails so far and not received a response even though he receives them to his cell phone. Luckily the geckos are doing well so far. I will update if anything changes to this situation.

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
Always sucks when you have to leave a negative comment, but when you're dealing with live animals it's pretty necessary others know who they're buying from!!

Hope this situation works out for the best and there's no permanent damage done because of the unhealthy drop in temperature :(

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
The 'edit' button seems to be missing for some reason, so forgive this double post, but I just wanted to make a quick note. I looked at the picture of the male you purchased and now that I've seen a head-on picture I guess the bump shows slightly in the top-down view, but that's only if you've seen another angle first. What's annoying is that there's no note added about that gecko, but on another he states that there's a regenerated tail. You'd think that he'd include any health issues in the description and not try to pass it off as a 100% perfect gecko.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
The missing packing material is unacceptable. I will say that I put holes in the boxes like that and being cold is better than too hot. However, this person obviously wasn't very concerned with the animals safety. I'm sorry you had to receive geckos this way.

chastity

there was not valid reason for him to miss a lump on this geckos face nor sell it at full price and not warn the future owner. i would be furious.

Russ S

Re-Member
Continuing to post in this thread without using your full name in each and every post will result in infractions for every post fron this point on.
No further warnings will be given!
To the original poster: you have 24 hours from the time of your warning to add a post with your full name, or add it to your signature or user information,or the warning becomes an infraction and the thread will be deleted.

johanna

I did receive an email response today (to the moderator, I'm new. I included my full name this time):
To: Johanna Emerson
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2012 7:58 AM
Johanna,
Just got back into town I've been away on business. Well where do I start...
1) I'm sorry you weren't happy with the process. I've shipped for 5 yrs and you are only the second person to complain.
2) as far as refunds. There are no refunds on wholesale orders especially when you were not there to sign for the package. I had emailed you to make sure of that. Notes on shipping said the package was left on the porch. It's to cold for that for any length of time.
3) keep in mind I sold you 400.00 and 500.00 dollar geckos for 75.00 which is wholesale pricing which does not happen!!!! I'm just trying to move what I have left. As far as shipping cost. Let me clue you into a trade secret, geckos are priced higher than what you paid and dealers absorb a lot of the cost. By me selling then wholesale I'm giving a direct fedx quote that you could get yourself if you want to see.
4) I hope you enjoy your geckos because they are top of the line genetics, but as for future business I think it's best if we do not work together. I think you would be happier buying from somebody else.

Sent from my iPhone

I knew the geckos were less expensive than they should have been, but I was never informed of this "wholesale" pricing. I was also not told that I needed to sign for my package. I informed him that I would be there shortly after they arrived and he did not have an issue with that. I would have emailed him immediately after, but I needed to upload the pictures, gather all my information, and I do believe I received them in a timely manner. I do thank him for point #4, because I was thinking about doing business with him again. yeah right.

johanna

On another note... A super snow eclipse is only worth about $200 (that is healthy without defect), not $400-500. This animal with a defect like that is only worth about $100 in my opinion. I don't know what a blood hypo is worth. I think they are up there in price but that is without all the spotting on the head and with more red on the tail (less spotting). So I would put the value of that animal at about $200 tops. That is just my opinion from looking at the quality of other animals online.
Johanna Emerson

johanna

I will admit that I do not know much about Blood Hypos so maybe that animal is worth that much. I know more about the super snow eclipse.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I will admit that I do not know much about Blood Hypos so maybe that animal is worth that much. I know more about the super snow eclipse.

His reply was just silly and he's trying to shift the blame to you. Thank you for making him known to all of us.

BTW~you need to have your full name in every post you make in this forum, not just the one. Hope that helps.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Has Anthony been informed about this thread? Assuming everything posted is accurate, this is obvious disregard for animal care/safety and very unprofessional.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Continuing to post in this thread without using your full name in each and every post will result in infractions for every post fron this point on.
No further warnings will be given!
To the original poster: you have 24 hours from the time of your warning to add a post with your full name, or add it to your signature or user information,or the warning becomes an infraction and the thread will be deleted.

It seems that the edit button is missing for everyone except the mods.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
The Business Inquiry thread was intentionally setup to not allow editing of threads so posts could not be changed. A member can add their full name to their signature and that will fix the signature rule for this forum.

Last edited:

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Wow! If that's how the geckos were shipped to me, I would have been pissed!! That's very unprofessional and to not try to make this right is unacceptable. On another note, I find it hilarious that those geckos would be worth "$400-$500". I think you paid plenty for those geckos at that price. The lump on the head not being mentioned is crazy as well. I'd be asking for my money back for sure. I hope that Anthony try's to make this right and learns to ship properly in cold weather.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Wow! If that's how the geckos were shipped to me, I would have been pissed!! That's very unprofessional and to not try to make this right is unacceptable. On another note, I find it hilarious that those geckos would be worth "$400-$500". I think you paid plenty for those geckos at that price. The lump on the head not being mentioned is crazy as well. I'd be asking for my money back for sure. I hope that Anthony try's to make this right and learns to ship properly in cold weather.

Chris West

(where did my name go on the left side??)

pmkent1

Ephesians 4:1-6

My thoughts exactly

johanna

He will not reimburse me. He thinks he can hide behind his hidden clauses. This is just not right. He did not disclose those with me and should not be able to use them to justify this situation.
I will file a complaint with Paypal.
Thanks

Visit our friends