Eye problem

Elzellie

Hello everyone. I'm sure this has been asked before and I know it's very hard to diagnose a problem. I recently found a leopard gecko that had been abandoned in a park and I know that it was abandoned because its cage was smashed and she was trying to hide under some leaves. I took her home with me and she was freezing very lethargic so I took her to the vet since it was something that was beyond anything that I could handle and they took care of her for a while and they released her back to me and said that she was healthy. I purchased for her a 30-gallon tank I have an under the tank heater three hides 1 humid hide with sphagnum moss which she never uses one dry hide on the hot side and one hide on the cool side. Her substrate is reptile carpet and I have a timer for the lights and she also gets vitamins with calcium and vitamin D3. When I brought her home which would have been about 3 weeks ago now she had shed that day and she did shed completely other than one little toe which I assisted in removing. I did notice after bringing her home from the vet that her left eye was a little swollen but where I am it is very hard to get an appointment with them because there's only one vet that does reptiles. It's been about a week and a half now and the swelling on her left eye seems to have grown she still eats like normal she gets crickets mealworms and the occasional waxworm. She still doesn't have a lot of color but it is starting to come back at least in her tail. I was reading some forums and they suggested to use repta rinse and put a few drops in her eye until I could get her to a vet but it doesn't seem to be making a difference I attached a picture of her eye I'm hoping maybe somebody can help me or if they have seen this before I can't get a vet appointment for another week so I just don't want anything to happen to her in the meantime.

Attachments

• 20190729_200147.jpg
    20190729_200147.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 10

Elzellie

Thank you! I finally got into the vet and she has an abscess under her eye. Was given ointment if it doesnt heal in two weeks they have to cut it out

Visit our friends