falling in love with Egyptian uromastyx

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I had an egyptian Uro back when I kept more diurnal species, he was an awesome lizard. Big and very personable. They're not as colorful as some of the smaller Uromastyx species, but I think their size and personality makes up for it. They do need quite a bit of space, and standard Uromastyx keeping applies(lots of heat, UVB and a good diet) but if that can be provided they make great animals.

Irish Stout

HECK YES!!

I must agree about the uromastyx. I like the some of the more colorful ones though. I also plan on getting one some day. I ran across one at the pet shop near my house and thought it was one of the coolest things I've seen. It would be neat to have him a tiny garden for some of his greens and whatnot.:p

chiefyellowshirt

My mom has one, I will be seeing it in a few days. I honestly can not picture my mom with something so exotic, let alone a reptile. But her neighbor was going headed to afganstan and she took him on. Should be interesting. I guess her hardest part is trying to keep him on a good diet, he is getting quite picky I guess.

DoubleZ

I've got mali uros and adore them. They have the funniest personalities and I love the size. Big enough to not be fragile but small enough to not be a huge space issue.

Visit our friends