Fat Deposits or Egg Binding?

Kosh

I have a 5 or 6 year old female leopard gecko who I’ve noticed has been growing noticeably larger. I thought she was gravid, but she hasn’t laid eggs in about four weeks now. I did a little searching around the internet, and it sounds like she could be suffering from egg binding, but I’ve also seen cases of fat deposits being mistaken for retained eggs. I have a vet appointment scheduled in three days, but I wanted to get the advice of others in the meantime. Do these look like retained eggs or fat deposits? In case dietary information helps, I’ve been feeding her one adult male red runner roach three times a week. My male leopard gecko gets the same, and he isn’t as large as she is. AE1BAF8A-8C3D-4CBE-B22F-E5A4C92BF877.jpeg BB383F28-B09D-420E-92D1-72D8CACC01CD.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have a hard time telling even with my live geckos (as opposed to a photograph). It does look like eggs, but not like eggs ready to be laid, and there's always a chance it could be fat deposits. I feel that waiting for the vet appointment should be OK.

Aliza

Visit our friends