Fat tail mixing question

Ken94

Can I mix albino fat tail together? Or are the traits not compatible jus like leopard geckos? Thanks!!

FatTailPro

Gecko Breeder
It depends what you mean. If your talking about breeding Amel x Amel or caramel albino x caramel albino, the answer is yes. But, if you mean Amel x Caramel albino I personally don't know, I haven't did much research on that since i don't breed caramel albinos. I'm sure someone else will give you a better answer.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
Amel X Caramel Albino will produce healthy AFT's that are double het for Amel and Caramel. The babies will not be albinos but all double hets.

Ken94

Amel X Caramel Albino will produce healthy AFT's that are double het for Amel and Caramel. The babies will not be albinos but all double hets.

So mixing different albino strains in aft is nt frowned upon in the aft community. And mixing albinos will not produce normal or wild type aft? Thanks!

FatTailPro

Gecko Breeder
I believe the OP's original question was would the double hets combine correctly/safely when bred back to each other. Considering, this would be the final goal of a project like this. He's trying to avoid "muddy waters" like in Leos.

The Gecko Person

Amelanistic has been a 'fatal' gene when combined with all of the other morphs so far. I think it would also be if it was combined with caramel.

Ken94

I believe the OP's original question was would the double hets combine correctly/safely when bred back to each other. Considering, this would be the final goal of a project like this. He's trying to avoid "muddy waters" like in Leos.

Exactly what I am asking lol

Visit our friends