• African fat tail gecko

Votes: 72 28.1%
  • Leopard gecko

Votes: 184 71.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Coqui

What are AFT's like personality-wise? I hear they're docile and laid-back like Leos. Are they even friendlier than Leos?

leonut

I like the leos vast personalitys. AFTs I've never worked with but i've messed around with them a pet stores. eeeeh, they seem a bit more robotic.

jakemyster44

I think leos are winning, mainly beacuse there are more people who own leos than fattys on GF. I currently have lots of leos, and have had a fatty in the past, and I truly really like them both. They have different things going for them.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
No doubt jake is right.

I suspect if this poll was on a different forum, say geckos unlimited, the results might be different.

even if they were not, most people probably vote leo simply because they have leos.

L

Lacedolphin

you needed to have a both column. Since I now have both, it would be very hard to choose between them.Cocoa my AFT, is definatly easier to hold and loves having her head petted and is not as jumpy as Amara. But for viewing and entertainment on the things she does, Amara wins hands down. She definatly has the diva attitude.

R

royl

Hmm...i can't tell which is better .but i 'd like the fat tailed cuz it's more gentler.

C

Cahal

I've just had my fat-tails a year now. I'm very biased. Maybe I should try a leo out for size ;) Let's don't share that with my husband just yet lol

Saille

I voted for Fatties because I find them hardier and I have much better luck with them than I have with Leos.
I also think they're a little more mellow, mine like to sleep on us. :main_yes:

G

gekko.gurl

I have both...I choose the LG. They are just I find more exciting then the AFT. My AFT just sit, sleep, barely move. Half the time I don't even know they're around. MY LG are out more, sometimes doing weird things. I'll give the AFT this, they are more relaxed and tame VS a unhandled LG. Lastly, like someone else said, the LG have more variety in the morphs you can get and some are just jaw dropping. AFT, not so much.

jaspa

The Jaguar Gecko
Let me just ask this, I want to purchase a gecko, that tolerates handling, and can chill on my hand no problem,

so AFT wins ? in my case..

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
jaspa, generally speaking, yes aft wins for you. afts are usually super calm, as long as they are not wild caught.

S

sesa1123

def. the fatties. They are such docile and beautiful creatures. I love my babies :D

Visit our friends