• African fat tail gecko

Votes: 72 28.1%
  • Leopard gecko

Votes: 184 71.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

mom2twinsplus2

I have 2 leopard geckos and 1 fat tailed and for me, it is the fat tailed all the way. I got all three at the same time and all are CB babies from this summer. The leo's definitely need more work to get them used to being handled but the fat tail is just totally mellow and sweet to hold. I also think the fat tails are much cuter...their eyes are just so sweet.

Alison

RampantReptiles

Most AFT I have known were in pet stores and worse behaved than the leos. One AFT was just pure evil reincarnate but im sure there are nice ones as well... For all the evil there is in the world there must be forces of good to balance them out.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
Most AFT I have known were in pet stores and worse behaved than the leos. One AFT was just pure evil reincarnate but im sure there are nice ones as well... For all the evil there is in the world there must be forces of good to balance them out.

ive worked in a reptile specialty store and my experiences were exactly the opposite.

afts are one of the most mellow reptiles, and certainly the most mellow gecko, you can own. anybody who has worked with them will agree. its not an opinion, its just how it is.

unless of course they are wild caught. any wild caught reptile is gonna be skittish.

Last edited:

cryptid_hunter

All of the wild caught ones I've came across in pet stores have been super tame, and my WC pair that I have are awesome. But my buddy has two that have attitudes. One is just pure evil, he bites, hisses, and will try to whip you with his tail. The other one just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, lol. If you wake him up, he gets mad, but if you mess with him after he's had time to rub the sleep out of his eyes he's just fine.

And I may be a bit biased since I don't own any Leos, yet, but I voted AFT's and stand beside that choice. I have AFT's, Cresties, a beardie, Dumeril's Boas, and corn snakes and my AFT's are my favorite herps by far.

vicky_j

I just got my first AFT so for me it's still leos that takes the first place:main_yes: but we´ll see...maybe I change my mind:p

PaladinGirl

I admit it, I voted for leo BUT only because I've not had a fatty (yet)..However, I plan to get one at some point. There's a reptile store nearby that has babies and OMG are they cute. So tiny! I picked one up to look at it and it was just so laid back. Didn't struggle at all, just sat there looking around.

Rell18

I'm having a really difficult time deciding between a leo or AFT. I've heard a lot of good things about fat tails. Although leos come in so many beautiful morphs as well as fat tails, albino AFTs look so awesome! I also hear they are very mellow geckos. Hopefully, there are some at the reptile show I attend next month.

contracteryin

Shakawkawkaw
I want an AFT really bad, I just don't have the money. As far as which I like better, I like both the same, even though I don't have an AFT. What I've heard is they're even sweeter then leopard geckos, which is pretty sweet :)

luckyou

African fat tail definately. they are so mellow and friendly and pretty. We got a leo and it doesn't want to be held or touched. Leos are more active but not so cuddly.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
African fat tail definately. they are so mellow and friendly and pretty. We got a leo and it doesn't want to be held or touched. Leos are more active but not so cuddly.

I totally agree! Fatties will just curl up with you in your hand and sit there. They are so gentle and friendly! If they weren't so expensive I think everyone would gravitate towards them. It's a shame, because people are really missing out on owning an awesome gecko. Oh well, more for me! :p:D:p:D

Visit our friends