fattys or leos

• African fat tail gecko

Votes: 72 28.1%
  • Leopard gecko

Votes: 184 71.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kkigs

Both. I just acquired my first fat-tails in 10 years, and forgot how incredibly tame they can be. And now that I have a nice White-out in hand, I'm even more excited about working with them again. Still love leopards, though, and will continue to focus on them more.

EverEvolvingExotics

I totally agree! Fatties will just curl up with you in your hand and sit there. They are so gentle and friendly! If they weren't so expensive I think everyone would gravitate towards them. It's a shame, because people are really missing out on owning an awesome gecko. Oh well, more for me! :p:D:p:D

Fat Tails all the way! I do enjoy leos, I've had some that are crazy and others can be incredibly calm. Overall as a species fatties are the lap dogs of the gecko world. Even though a lot of them are out of the average spending range there is a small handful of amazing fattie morphs that are affordable to a lot of people. Looking at them from a breeders view, fat tails are going to be the ball python of the gecko world. The tip of the iceberg hasn't even been seen as far as morphs go. With their amazing personalities and combos the reptile world is in for a treat in these next few years. New morphs have been popping up steadily for the last 5 years or so. Once they catch on even more new morphs will be imported. I think a lot a leopard gecko breeders are afraid to spend the investment because of how the leo market crashed and the concerns of breeding. Fat tails do not have large clutches and are a bit harder to breed compared to leos. I think considering basic supply and demand the market trends will follow the ball python pricing more so than the leopard and cornsnake market.

It's an exciting time to be involved in these amazing gecko. I'm looking forward to watching it grow, and trust me it will!

Reborn

I keep both along with others and my vote for personality is leos. Colors fat tails. Ive found many more leos to be "lap dogs" then fat tails. My fatties are great to get me wrong! just Ive dealt with much more attitude from the fat tails then leos. I have a male leo who goes everywhere with me:) everyone loves him too. My fatties are alot shier and prefer small amounts of handling. I like the fat tail morphs better tho.

bubblez825

blehhh i REALLY wish i hadn't looked up african fat tails on google.... NOW I WANT ONE! they're so darn CUTEEEEE!!!! and so pretty!!! <3 <3 <3 *pssst* to any fat tail breeders out there...my birthday is in august... (;

Jordycakes

Jordy&Kirsty
blehhh i REALLY wish i hadn't looked up african fat tails on google.... NOW I WANT ONE! they're so darn CUTEEEEE!!!! and so pretty!!! <3 <3 <3 *pssst* to any fat tail breeders out there...my birthday is in august... (;

HAHAH! i saw this pole and i thought ummm i wonder what care a AFT needs..... now i want/need one and i already have 2 leo's and a beardie!!!
this could be an expensive month!

bubblez825

HAHAH! i saw this pole and i thought ummm i wonder what care a AFT needs..... now i want/need one and i already have 2 leo's and a beardie!!!
this could be an expensive month!

Haha right there with you! I have 5 leos a BTS and a dragon, gonna be getting another baby dragon here real soon too! :main_rolleyes: so much for "just one" eh? x)

Islan

Gecko Girl
I have both AFT and Leo's. As much as I love my Leo's my AFT named 'Johnson" has to be my favorite. He is the stoner of the gecko's, just so calm and chill Very friendly and nice to have out.

Visit our friends