Feeder costs

How much do you spend on feeders monthly?

• $.99 - $25.00

Votes: 172 51.3%
  • $25.00 - $50.00

Votes: 68 20.3%
  • $50.00 - $100.00

Votes: 46 13.7%
  • $100.00 - $250

Votes: 34 10.1%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • more than $500

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters
X

xelda

I spend about $50/month on crickets, and then $200-$250/month on rodents.

C

crs

idk my dad buys them for me, but I only have one leo so it isnt very much

Gregg M

Registered Member
It used to be between $350 and $400 a month but since I started breeding my own roaches, All I really pay for is about 6000 mealies a month and a few tubs of wax worms... I will also throw in some supers now and then... I have totally cut crickets out of the diet plan....
Since I have gotten into the smaller vipers and pushed out the large species, my rodent expence went way down... It is much cheaper to buy 6 months worth of pinkies than it is to buy 6 months worth of rats and rabbits...

Last edited:

trizzypballr

wow, you guys spend alot on food, I spend $30 bi weekly on mealworms, and like somewhere from 5-7 a week on the beardies. So im looking at about $80 a month? thats feeding like 40 adult geckos, plus hatchlings, and 6 beardies

S

sacredcreatures

I spend $150.00- $200.00 weekly on just the bugs, I started raising Roaches so I hope the cost of the bugs themselves will go down. I feed everything but mainly mealworms to leos, I also have Cresties, Fatties and Beardies So I get crickets for the fatties and cresties some but they all have a dish of mealies. Plus I have Beardies and a few Leopard tortoises so don't forget their salads and pellets. As for gutload and vitamins and calcium thats extra too. My husband has a cow every week! :p Deb

giantkeeper

Morph Freak!
Gregg M said:
It used to be between $350 and $400 a month but since I started breeding my own roaches, All I really pay for is about 6000 mealies a month and a few tubs of wax worms... I will also throw in some supers now and then... I have totally cut crickets out of the diet plan....
Since I have gotten into the smaller vipers and pushed out the large species, my rodent expence went way down... It is much cheaper to buy 6 months worth of pinkies than it is to buy 6 months worth of rats and rabbits...

I hear that on the rodents. We had a seperate freezer for our feeder rodents when we had a bunch of Boas. We would spend nearly $2500-$3000 a year easy......

Geckos is $50 + a month...nice departure from the above :)

A

arreptiles

?

Grinning Geckos said:
I spend $30 - $50 ... when I'm really good about breeding my mealworms and roaches I can get down to $0, but it's a lot of work.

what kind of roaches???

Leopardbreeder

Well I spend about $40 a month because I have been buying mealies. Now, I am breeding and it only costs me about $10ish a month. And that is for the crickets that I need o buy for one of the African Fatties I have on a medical loan until they are healthy. I will be billing them at the end of the "treatment".

traffic

Firebirdgeckos.com
I spend about $50-$100 a month which all depends on how much treats i give and how many hatchlingss I have at the time. I have been thinking about breeding and feeding non climbing roaches but I dont think the wife would like it very much as a matter a fact no she would not allow roaches in the house even if it did save us money.

giantkeeper

Morph Freak!
giantkeeper said:
I hear that on the rodents. We had a seperate freezer for our feeder rodents when we had a bunch of Boas. We would spend nearly $2500-$3000 a year easy......

Geckos is $50 + a month...nice departure from the above :)

Right now I have over 50 hatchlings and my food bill has gone up to about $100 a month and since I live in the desert, I have to pay a ton in shipping...:main_thumbsdown:

goReptiles

Not much maybe 20 bucks a month. Sometimes not that. All depends on how long I can keep my crickets alive for the AFTs. I decided this month that breeding mealworms isn't cutting it for me anymore- too much time to separating worms, pupae, and beetles, Plus, my worms pupate rather quickly, and lately, I haven't had so many decent sized worms. So, I'm gonna buy 1000 for 10 bucks and refridgerate them. I breed roaches for my beardies, which helps the cost. Then meeces and rats for the snake.

My small animal bill is usually much more, depending on what I have to buy for (20lbs for chinchillas, 10 lbs for rats/mouse, and 2 lbs for hamster), and if I have is shipped in or not.

Visit our friends