Feeder costs

How much do you spend on feeders monthly?

• $.99 - $25.00

Votes: 172 51.3%
  • $25.00 - $50.00

Votes: 68 20.3%
  • $50.00 - $100.00

Votes: 46 13.7%
  • $100.00 - $250

Votes: 34 10.1%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • more than $500

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters
U

Untide

I can't fathom spending more then 500 dollars per month. Wow guys....xD

I chose .99-25 it will probably increase to the next level between now and next year.

Alusdra

Whoah. I think I've spent less on food in my entire time keeping geckos (16 years?) than you guys spend in one month. Granted, I only have pet geckos. But sheesh!

Let's see- the last time I paid for mealies was this summer- got like $10 worth (by hook and crook due to the shortage) and before that I can't even remember when I last bought them. I've bred my own mealworms for almost as long as I've had the geckos, and when I ran low I used to hunt wild crickets and other bugs as supplements. Which if my current guys ate them I probably would have done it this summer, too. Now I have a dubia colony, which is working out really ridiculously well for feeding. Only cost is what they eat, which is basically compost from what I eat, plus some cat/dog food nicked from friends and relatives.

I can't imagine that kind of food bill, though I guess that's ok since I don't want to have any more geckos than the 5 I have now (plus supplying mealies to a buddy's gecko, too.)

Gecko Euphoria

I spend between $100 and $250 amonth depending on the month, I buy 8,000 crix a month and 1,000 supers, plus all the food for them. But its way cheaper than it was with less leos now I get em online for a penny a peice for crix and about 8 cents a super, But soon I wont even be spending half that I have 3 mealie colonies and a roach colony and my super colony is starting to grow after like 7 months but I have 5 30 gallon tubs chuck full of millions of baby supers so I'm happy I am now in transistion from crix to roaches, since I am sick of buyin crix and only getting half alive due to cold weather and the smell and the escapees I just hate crix. Plus my leos have seemed to like the roaches better any way. But I will have to see what happens may still need to use crix will just have to c.

How much $$$ do you spend per month on feeders?

brothaT

The last couple months I've spent over $100 setting up my roach and mealworm colonies. I'm hoping to bring it down to $15 or so once everything gets revved up.

hulker75

I'd have to say $250 plus per month, just depends. I pick up live rats weekly for my snakes and order frozen online, and the bugs for the geckos, so most months i'd say are over $250

Lady_Kiya

Well, because I have had them for so little time it is hard to say exactly. So far probably $75, but that is to get a good mealworm colony started.

B

Brewster320

I spend way to much. I started a mealworm colony and thinking of a dubia colony possibely

clear

0, I have 3 snakes and a beardie, snakes eat 2x a week and the beardie eats whatever he wants to. Luckly I breed and sell feeders both insects and rodents.

Mike Rico

very interesting thread, I'm new here and am wondering on the bills of $100 plus how many leos do you guys keep on avg.

I know this numbers varies by what you feed a month but roughly what size of a collection does 100 bucks feed?

Visit our friends