Feeder costs

How much do you spend on feeders monthly?

• $.99 - $25.00

Votes: 172 51.3%
  • $25.00 - $50.00

Votes: 68 20.3%
  • $50.00 - $100.00

Votes: 46 13.7%
  • $100.00 - $250

Votes: 34 10.1%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • more than $500

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Daidra

I spend anywhere from $100-$200 a month and I get my crickets from premium crickets as they have very healthy crickets and for 6,000 crickets it cost $69 and when you add next day shipping it is around an extra $45-$50.

snakegirl

for leo i used to pay around $40 every 2 weeks, for mealworms/wax worms. but now since i beed mealworms,wax worms, silkworms. its basicly just buying some low costing food for them to eat (< for the bugs) for my other animals though each month i spend atlest $50 for greens/veggies (but that price is going down, yay) and every 7 months i buy in bulk of around 400 mice for $130

R

reddmann

Only the cost to feed my mealworms. And the occasional crickets, which are only 75 cents for 25 crickets so I average 10 dollars or less a month.

R

R.E.F

My geckos eat A LOT, they just eat and eat :D

I spend around 200$ monthly :D

D

dwarfgouramis

with onlyone leo i only spend about $10 a month if not less

D

dmuehl

My feeder bill is basicall the feed for the feeders I raise.

At this time I've been over run with Mealworms and have sold the extras locally. That has helped off set the cost of the feeders to basically nothing.

mainelygeckos

I have 2 leos and might be getting 2 more in a week and a half ..my expenses are quite low and per month I have to say between 10 and 20 but notmore then that yet..I am going to order a large order of mealies and possible dubia (am trying to get passed the fact they are roaches) I figure once I have a couple colonies started it will be quite a bit less maybe 5 amonth for feed costs for bugs? we will see :D

C

clarkee_04

feeding 25+ animals costs me 0 dollars per month:) I love mealworms! haha

mrdonovan37

I supplement with mealies, but mainly feed crickets, as my 4 girls seem to prefer them. So I have a tank full of the things, which maybe is cheating according to this poll, but whatever, haha.

Ehatcher

i have moved up to using around 1500 crickets monthly due to the New baby beardie... that thing is like a vaccuum.. I only spend about $25 monthly for supers for the leos though.

J

jaymotzrt

i spend 15 a month on my SINGLE leo. obese much lol.

R.I.P Little Fella

Ratman667

I spend about $40 a month on my leos, about $20 just on Sunny, $1 on my toads, $0.20 on Fluffy...

Then I buy them snacks every once in a while, so I'll have to choose $50-$100

BalloonzForU

Well in two years since this thread was started I went from 150-200 per month, to about $800-1,000 per month for both my husband's and my collections combined!!! The most costly items for us are the live feeder rodents, however with the recent purchase of a Freedom Breeder rodent rack, I'm hopping to help offset some of the feeder rodent costs, and maybe get our costs down to half what we pay now.

Visit our friends