Feeding

The lizards

Hey guys!

So I feed 2 of my leopard geckos 7-8 large crickets every couple of days. My other, is not that big of an eater and eats 5-6 crickets. The 2 that eat 7-8 always act like they're always hungry though. In one of them, it's not so obvious but the other, Isla, acts like she's starving. I sometimes put my hand up to her enclosure and she jumps at it and tries to bite my fingers. I don't know if I'm not feeding her enough or if she's just dramatic.

Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't know that they have the cognitive ability to be dramatic. In general, I find that if they want more, I feed them more. See what happens if you feed it until it doesn't show a feeding response. Maybe it just needs more.

Aliza

The lizards

I don't know that they have the cognitive ability to be dramatic. In general, I find that if they want more, I feed them more. See what happens if you feed it until it doesn't show a feeding response. Maybe it just needs more.

Aliza
Thank you! I'll try giving her more and see how much she eats. I'll reply back here with the number of crickets that she ate when it's their feeding day.

The lizards

Aliza
Now that I look at it, I don't know why I didn't use common sense just to feed her more. Thank you though!

Visit our friends