FINALLY AN EGG!!

True_hye

photo1.jpg

MY PHANT LAID AN EGG!!!!!!

True_hye

will do! the egg is actually very sturdy, the last few weeks ive been making sure shes been getting her calcium and its been paying off. i will keep you guys updated. i have the egg in perlite and the incubator is sitting at about 70 degrees. any advice?

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Be very careful with Uro eggs, they're hard shelled and easily broken.

The "standard" Uroplatus incubation method is to use an incubation medium- vermiculite, superhatch etc. but instead of placing teh eggs directly into the medium take a bottle cap full of dry medium and put the egg in that and then put the whole thing into the wet medium. This keeps them from over-hydrating or molding, since your humidity should be somewhere around 95%.

Try to give the eggs a night drop, it makes for stronger hatchlings. For instance, I incubated my henkeli at 74-76F, with a night drop to 68-70F.

If you want to shimmy over the Henkeli and Fimbriatus forum, you can see how I'm incubating my eggs and how nice the hatchlings came out. Not that I have it figured out, they're my first too. :)

True_hye

so a bit of an update. my phant laid two more eggs. the first one is still holding up so im really sure it fertile (i hope). i dropped the temp for the incubator to about 68 instead of 70. and now just the waiting game

Visit our friends