Finally Made a Photobox!

Neon Aurora

I didn't have time to make a photobox for a long time, but I finally got it done. I'm happy with the results! Here are some pictures!

kS4qMfh.jpg

MKuiNNS.jpg

xauNRLU.jpg

ANFIU3K.jpg

ihMVf4k.jpg

SO5NpwK.jpg

indyana

Great job with the lighting! I still battle with mine every time I set it up to get the light level just right...

Do you feel as though the color representation for the geckos is more accurate inside the light box?

Neon Aurora

Oh yes, absolutely. I actually don't think I could make the colors any more accurate. That's pretty much identical to how they look in real life.

I struggled with the lighting and the setting on my camera, but I think I got it just right. I tried different light bulbs and settled on 3 bright white LED outdoor flood lights with diffusers built in. They are REALLY bright. 90 watts and a little over 1000 lumens. They were $14 each, but it was worth it because no other bulbs I tried worked nearly as well. I originally had white fabric to shine the lights through and diffuse the light, but these have built in diffusers and I think it works way better. I played with the brightness settings on my camera a bit and found the perfect setting and done. I'm 100% happy with it.

Neon Aurora

Nothing too impressive, just a standard point and shoot. A Canon powershot. It seems to do okay as long as the lighting is good. Its all l can afford for now.

DrCarrotTail

I use a powershot too! I have a fancier camera but its too bulky to be quick enough to snap pics of geckos that are running away from the light...haha. Great pics again!

Visit our friends