First Hatching-weird happenings

catoms

My raptor female bred with a male tremper ph raptor. About 3 weeks out I Discovered 3 eggs, looked good but candled yellow (2). I marked when I found them about 2-3 weeks from the hook up, an expected 60 days out at 82 degrees. Surprise 2 days ago I found a hatching, I regularly clean and feed, handle my leopard geckos so I confused that I didn't find the eggs, there is no way they were in the moist box for 30 days. Anyways its small but healthy looking, is there anyway it could have hatched before the full 60 days? From the markings it looks like a normal tremper, cream colored with yellow bands, could it still be a raptor or just tremper het for raptor. Anyways I have done a ton of research and am at a lost of words of what happened, thanks.

catoms

I respect all folks on here, I've learned a crap load from the regulars, the female was from Bold and Beautiful and the male is from Fire n' Ice geckos. Just looking for answers. Now what I've told may seem strange, but I'm being true full, I'm not quack, and never would disrespect this site.

ManReptile

Im baffled, truly. I dont know what to say. 3 eggs in one clutch? Possible but very uncommon. And for finding the lizard in the cage, i have absolutely no clue. Could the eggs have been from 2 different clutches? There were four eggs in total, correct? 3 in the humid hide and 1 somewhere else.

stager

Im baffled, truly. I dont know what to say. 3 eggs in one clutch? Possible but very uncommon. And for finding the lizard in the cage, i have absolutely no clue. Could the eggs have been from 2 different clutches? There were four eggs in total, correct? 3 in the humid hide and 1 somewhere else.
That's what I was thinking 3 eggs is very uncommon

catoms

onr
I found 3 eggs all in the same lay box.

truly, only one I have out of 20 that I breed, have females laying dud eggs, but first hatched right, again it seems that it hatched way beyond its time, but looks healthy

catoms

Totally understand, I have had females never bred lay up too 12 eggs (duds 2 at a time), I guess beyond and above just wondering how it seems this baby was born way before its time, note the other 2 are still cooking. I understand 3 at a time seems unnatural, it was not 2 separate clutches. Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not clear on exactly what happened. The egg hatched in the cage? One of the three hatched? Did they go into the incubator? I've had some mysteries as u. Once I had both of my fat tail females lay eggs and incubated them. A week later there were 2 more eggs. Never figured out whose.

As far as what the baby is, I wouldn't venture a guess without seeing a picture.

Aliza

catoms

Hi,
Adults: Male tremper ph raptor (Fire and Ice) Female raptor (Bold and Beautiful)
Never been bred, housed in their own tubs. Hooked up once and quickly towards the end of April.
Checked on female and lay box daily, found 3 eggs in the lay box on the 13th of May. 2 larger one smaller. Put all in the incubator together at 81/82 degrees. Found baby in the incubator (from one of the larger eggs) on the 28th of May.
Baby small but active and healthy looking.
I posted because this doesn't seem possible. So based on all the research I've done I'm confused.
Secondly, the baby looks tremper, cream colored with bright yellow bands. So I'm guessing the male is not raptor, unless raptors can be born with bands knowing the true raptor are pattern less like my female. I tried posting a pic but can't get it too work. I'll add the 2 other eggs are cooking still and the female hasn't laid any more eggs yet although I check daily.
Thanks

Last edited:

Fire n Ice Geckos

The male is a Tremper ph Raptor, meaning he is Tremper Possible het Eclipse. Raptor is a combo morph of tremper and eclipse, not a single gene. Your male's parents were Tremper Sunglow x Tremper Sunglow het Raptor(het Eclipse, since he's visual Tremper). So your male has a 50% chance of carrying the Eclipse gene.
Yes, it sounds like the baby is Tremper (as it definitely should be). The babies can hatch with varying pattern, so the banding is normal. IF it has any extra pigment in it's eyes, then it would be eclipse also, making it a Raptor (although banded), proving the male to be het Eclipse.
Now for the finding 3 eggs and hatching only 15 days later... that is extremely odd. Highly unlikely. Roughly 30 days from pairing to hatching? Very strange!! But lucky you, since we all hate waiting! Haha.

catoms

Thanks, Ben, weird happenings on the timeline, either way I love the male no matter what, and now I have a baby to take care of.
Great geckos you have either way and thanks for the knowledge.

Visit our friends