First hatchling!

fishyfan

I moved him to a tank because he was crawling on the other egg and i didnt want him moving it. When should his clutchmate hatch? There is a visible bump on one side of the egg...

fishyfan

baby1.jpg

baby2.jpg

havbrecis

What a cute baby! I believe you just use your own discretion when sending a newly hatched gecko to its home outside of the incubator. I generally just wait until the are ripping up things and changing position of other eggs (usually within the first few minutes). Thats if they hatch during the day and not the middle of the night. The clutchmate can hatch anytime from now until a few days from now. Patience is key.;)

What I do is as soon as I see them I put them in thier cage as I don`t want to risk them turning and potentially killing the other gecko that is still inside the egg.

By the way s/he looks very nice:main_thumbsup:

fishyfan

How long does it usually take them to get out of the egg? The one that is hatching right now is about half way out of the egg and is just laying there, i don't know whether to help it or not :(

fishyfan

The second one is out (hes a super snow)! he still has something attached to his stomach, so im going to leave him in the incubator for a while. He also seems to be a bit smaller than his clutchmate, is it safe to house them together?

fishyfan

That egg sack/yolk/thing is still attached to him so he's still in the incubator, i laid down some damp paper towels because the dust from the perlite is getting in his eyes :(

fishyfan

nice :D i usually dont feed till first shed, maybe i should change that :p.. that's some green perlite that kind did you get?

Yea, i wasn't going to feed until he shed but he seemed hungry and kept running up to the front of the tank so i decided to see if he'd take a mealworm. I just finished feeding him 6 small mealies a few mins ago :D

And it's normal perlite, algae started to grow in it because i floated the egg bin in an aquarium to incubate. I guess all of the natural sunlight caused the algae to grow...

Visit our friends