First Henkeli have hatched!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Well after a looooooong hard wait the first of these guys are out of the eggs. First one hatched at 94 days, 75F with a 4 degree night drop. Second hatched at 97 days, 75F with a 4 degree night drop. Unfortunately the second little one hatched without a tail, she's got a little bit of a nub. I assume it's from bad positioning in the egg, since temps were stable throughout and she's healthy otherwise. First baby is already scarfing down lateralis nymphs. Next clutch should be out in 2-3 weeks. :main_thumbsup:

Hatchling #1: 07/07/11.

7-10hatch5.jpg

7-10hatch4.jpg

7-10hatch3.jpg

7-10hatch2.jpg

7-10hatch1.jpg

Hatchling #2: 07/10/11
7-7hatch1.jpg

7-7hatch2.jpg

7-7hatch3.jpg

7-7hatch4.jpg

7-7hatch5.jpg

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Yup. Aerith laid 6 eggs this year. 18 days between each clutch. So another 2 in a couple weeks then 2 more in a month if all goes well.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Yeah Silas, it's very exciting to see all of our collections growing, evolving and now producing. Well, yours and Teds at least. :) Mine's growing, but I'd be happy to see something other than medical problems.

I have to say I'm as excited about seeing what happens to the nub tail as much as I am anything else.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Well unfortunately the little nub tail didn't make it. Found her dead when I came home from work tonight. Major bummer. I did a pseudo-necropsy and looks like she had a deformed left lung. The other hatchling is going strong. Unfortunately these things happen, especially with delicate species like Uroplatus. Hopefully the remaining eggs will hatch without issues.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
The next one is out and looks perfect. This is by FAR my favorite one yet. Very interested to see what she grows into.(And yes she has already shed, she really has that much white)

cbhenk31.jpg

cbhenk32.jpg

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
You have some of the best looking Uroplatus henkeli around, they are amazing. I'm sorry to hear that the little girl didn't make it.:eek:

Visit our friends