First Leopard gecko, What type is he?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The pictures are really blurry. Are you sure it's an albino? where did you get it from? Is it completely white? Are the eyes black, red, or greenish with a black pupil? That would help me figure it out better.

Aliza

GeckoNewb

The pictures are really blurry. Are you sure it's an albino? where did you get it from? Is it completely white? Are the eyes black, red, or greenish with a black pupil? That would help me figure it out better.

Aliza
His eyes are a dark red. His skin is pinkish white and translucent. I found him at a pet shop

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He is an albino eclipse. The eclipse gene produces solid black eyes in a non albino, solid red eyes in an albino and also a half regular/half whitish eye that's called "snake eye". With that white body I can think of 2 other possibilities: It may be a "diablo blanco" which is albino+eclipse+blizzard. A little less likely, it may be a super snow. Usually albino super snows hatch out pale beige and then develop beige pinstripes. However, I hatched a bunch of albino super snows one season that were completely white and never developed the pinstripes, though some did get some very faint beige markings on the head. If it is a super snow then you won't know whether or not it's an eclipse because super snows have solid colored eyes whether or not they are eclipse.

Aliza

GeckoNewb

He is an albino eclipse. The eclipse gene produces solid black eyes in a non albino, solid red eyes in an albino and also a half regular/half whitish eye that's called "snake eye". With that white body I can think of 2 other possibilities: It may be a "diablo blanco" which is albino+eclipse+blizzard. A little less likely, it may be a super snow. Usually albino super snows hatch out pale beige and then develop beige pinstripes. However, I hatched a bunch of albino super snows one season that were completely white and never developed the pinstripes, though some did get some very faint beige markings on the head. If it is a super snow then you won't know whether or not it's an eclipse because super snows have solid colored eyes whether or not they are eclipse.

Aliza
He’s grown a bit older he has what seems to be pearlescent stripes going along either side of his spine and some pale marking on his head his eyes are a dark red and his skin is much more pink 5975D830-D8CD-4489-9750-0D2FF40CFBDF.jpeg

Visit our friends