First of 2010 ...Last of 09

MonteQ's

Found this little fella in the 'bator late last night. Knew there had to be a reason I was up so late :D. The parents are my original male Archy and a ltc female from 10/08. I was surprised this one hatched as it was the smallest egg I think I've ever received.

phb-1-10a.jpg

phb-1-10b.jpg

and in the "starter" home...
phb-1-10c.jpg

I'll try to update with better pics once he/she's out of it's first change of clothes.

The last eggs of 2009... From one of my Corks :banana: Made my year already! Lets just hope they hatch!

up-eggs1.jpg

A close up
up-eggs2.jpg

You guys have seen this pic...but, here's Mom (on left). Aint she a beauty! They've only been here a few months, so it's most likely not captive breeding...But I ain't complaining. ;-)
c1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

MonteQ's

Thanks guys! The little one is already out of her pajamas. Looks like it'll be a cute little girl. I'll try to get pics in a few days. She's super small, I want to get her settled in before I mess with her too much.

Thanks Robin! I about lost it when I saw the girl digging...lol. The corks were my biggest hope for the year! With a little luck, this season should be fun!

Angel

fascinating, I just spent an hour looking for that photo I knew i seen before to show my boyfriend and gave up , checked some new posts and here it is and he's asleep . Will have to show him these lizards in the morning. LOVE them

robin

Thanks guys! The little one is already out of her pajamas. Looks like it'll be a cute little girl. I'll try to get pics in a few days. She's super small, I want to get her settled in before I mess with her too much.

Thanks Robin! I about lost it when I saw the girl digging...lol. The corks were my biggest hope for the year! With a little luck, this season should be fun!

did you harvest the cork eggs or are they going to let them incubate in the enclosure?

MonteQ's

Sandi...I do that all the time. I've learned to "favorite" the pages or save the pics. I try to put the breeder in the document name...makes it easier to track them down should I cave in. ;) They're Uroplatus pietschmanni.

Robin, I removed the eggs for incubation. I would be to nervous of what might happen in the enclosure. The viv gets pretty warm where these eggs were laid. Neil Meister had mentioned having better luck incubating them "cool" like phantasticus, so I have them in the incubator with my phant eggs.

I tried to get pics this morning, but she was tucked away in the foliage.

MonteQ's

here's an updated pic of her from this morning. It was pretty cold today, so she's looking a bit dark
Ph-1-10c.jpg

One more of the corks just for fun :)
c-play.jpg

MonteQ's

Thanks again guys.

They're more of a look but don't touch gecko. But I really enjoy keeping them.

What an awesome project! That little baby is adorable and I just love the parents.

Thanks! Just to clarify, the adults are not the parents of the baby. Different geckos entirely. Sorry for any confusion.

Visit our friends