First time off the leash

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
Yesterday was a nice HOT day, 94 out and all sun. So what do you do to cool off, take the dogs to the lake. We went to a private spot we found a couple years ago with the Rotts and thought lets give the puppy a try....and took them off the leash for the first time (outside of the yard or dog park).

Here is what they decided to do with their new found freedom:
DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

MiamiLeos

That looks like heaven to me. I wish there was a secluded place like that in Miami lol. Your pups are beautiful! They both look so happy :)

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
Thanks!
We live only 1 mile from Eagle Creek Reservoir which has 3,900 acres of forest and only 10 miles of marked trails. Our favorite area where we take the dogs is not a marked trail, so we should only come across an occasional kayak or fisherman. We have an annual pass so the dogs will be very spoiled. They are actually in the process of making a walking trail that goes from our housing development to the entrance, but won't be done with that until this fall.

rickmoss95

very cute pics, but just a heads up..if you are gonna let them swim, i would take the harnesses off. i had a friend lose a dog to drowning because his collar got caught on a tree that was submerged in the water.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
The Rhidgeback didn't care for the water at all, he doesn't like getting anything above is ankles wet....but the GSP on the otherhand had snagged his harness on a branch very close to shore and he stood there just staring at me. We watch them very carefully and know an area of the lake that doesn't have any obstacles in the water to snag them, so they'll be swimmer there instead. Thanks for the warning, will probably change up their harnesses/collars when we go this weekend.

Visit our friends