Fleas... >.<

jemjdragon

So every year Simon (my cat) "gets fleas". My stepdad claims it can't be the dogs, and it has to be Simon. Well Simon got a flea bath and was medicated with flea medication a week ago and hasn't scratched himself at all.

My stepdad still blames Simon because according to him only fleas on cats bite people. :main_rolleyes:

Today I decided that its time that I should proove him wrong and I wash Cipis (poodle) with flea shampoo and he has enough of them to convince me that its coming from the dogs.

Now here is my delema, Cipis is about 19-23 pounds. The flea medication we have is for dogs 45 to 90 pounds (its for our boxer/pit mix Rocky). Will it be okay to put this on Cipis? I am comeletely for buying medication specifically for Cipis' weight, but my mom insists I just use Rocky's.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Don't use that on Cipis. The higher does is too much for him and will most likely make him sick. Spend a bit more and get the right sized flea preventative and save yourself a big vet bill.

jemjdragon

I am willing to spend the money for the right flea medication. My mother isn't but she says she bought Cipis medication which is weird because we have 2 packs of flea medication for Rocky, one pack is what we bought months ago. The only explanation is that my sister took it for her dogs when she was visiting (which she always does without asking). Tomorrow I will go to the vet's office and pick some up for Cipis, I just hope my mom doesn't put the higher dosage on him before then.

jemjdragon

So even when I told my mom what will happen and argued with her not to use Rocky's medicine on Cipis, she did it anyways. It really infuriates me when my parents choose not to listen or argue with me when they have no idea what they are doing.

Visit our friends