found my baby gecko dead today sad day for me

iggyziggy

i managed to buy a baby gecko a few months back, but was so sad today to find it dead under its hiding in the cool part of tank,, i,ve no idea why it happened as it was getting fed at right times and fresh water, tank was kept at right temperature too.
i want another but want advice which one to get ie a baby or an adult?
i had it for nearly 3 months but never seemed to grow, but got told that was normal:eek:

Skydiver Keith

i managed to buy a baby gecko a few months back, but was so sad today to find it dead under its hiding in the cool part of tank,, i,ve no idea why it happened as it was getting fed at right times and fresh water, tank was kept at right temperature too.
i want another but want advice which one to get ie a baby or an adult?
i had it for nearly 3 months but never seemed to grow, but got told that was normal:eek:

Sorry for your loss. What kind of substrate were you using, and what did you feed it?

Knibitz

Pet Owner
where did you get it from? It may have had a parasite or something that came from wherever you got it and it just finally took 3 months to take its toll.

I'd say go with an adult, but if you want another baby again having just lost this one, that's good too :)

iggyziggy

where did you get it from? It may have had a parasite or something that came from wherever you got it and it just finally took 3 months to take its toll.

I'd say go with an adult, but if you want another baby again having just lost this one, that's good too :)
hi i got it from a big pet supermarket in the u.k

Knibitz

Pet Owner
hi i got it from a big pet supermarket in the u.k

yeah, to me it sounds very possibly that it was irreversible damage from the store you bought it from.
I'd definitely get your next from a reputable breeder who knows his geckos up and down :)

*hug* good luck!

iggyziggy

i forgot to mention i did notice like a small black/brown band mark underneath , in the middle of her belly

fl_orchidslave

I'm sorry for your loss. Babies and juvies grow at a fairly rapid rate, so you were told some incorrect information. Parasites will rob their little bodies of necessary nutrients to the point the animal is just surviving (and then...death) Pet shop reptiles in general are notorious for being less than healthy. As others have said, a reputable breeder is your best bet to get a new one. Juvies are more stable than babies, having already passed the fragile stages, and you still get to see them grow up :) Adults are great too, it's personal preference when you pick out a new one. There's usually a wide variety of ages and morphs available from most breeders.

Tiv

I'm so sorry to hear of your baby dying. I would also recommend to look for a reputable breeder who will not only be able to help you pick the right leo for you, but will be able to help you with any questions you might have as well.

Jordan

Aw im so sorry dude, and at such a short life span, i feel for ya.

and i bet you got it from pets at home? ... ive heard plenty of leo problems from them, its getting rediculous :(

iggyziggy

Aw im so sorry dude, and at such a short life span, i feel for ya.

and i bet you got it from pets at home? ... ive heard plenty of leo problems from them, its getting rediculous :(
mate you was right there from pets at home, but felt us though i was blaming myself

Visit our friends