Future Leo owner

SirTedward

Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm still gathering all the supplies I will need for my new Leo that I'll be getting next month.

i have a 20 gallon long, 3 hides, tile for substate, a zoo med 12x8 (hooked up to a thermostat) and I plan on using the Repashy superfoods plus. My main concern is that too large to start a 3 month old in? I've read some have problems with a larger and then the opposite where they are perfectly fine. I just don't want to stress the little guy out.

Any other her tips would be greatly appreciated.:)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF! I assume you mean you're using the Repashy for supplementation, right? If you're feeding mealworms, keep the bowl near the hide so the gecko can find them. If you're using crickets, see how the gecko does hunting them down and if it seems to have trouble due to the size of the enclosure, use a piece of cardboard or plexiglass to block off part of the enclosure so there's a smaller space to hunt in. I think that should be fine for a young one in a 20 long.

Aliza

SirTedward

Welcome to GF! I assume you mean you're using the Repashy for supplementation, right? If you're feeding mealworms, keep the bowl near the hide so the gecko can find them. If you're using crickets, see how the gecko does hunting them down and if it seems to have trouble due to the size of the enclosure, use a piece of cardboard or plexiglass to block off part of the enclosure so there's a smaller space to hunt in. I think that should be fine for a young one in a 20 long.

Aliza

correct on the Repashy. I was going alternate between mealworms and crickets. Something to block the crickets jumping around too much is a great idea.

Thanks!

Visit our friends