G Luii - new arrivals....

Big Red One

Hi Guys,

just thought I'd show off one of the 3 G. Luii I got from Hamm.
These are my first Goni's so scared stiff of doing anything wrong !

GLuii12.jpg

GLuii11.jpg

One (male) is almost fully grown but the other 2 are still small, what size setups do you guys reckon are best for the little ones ?

I have them in small hatchling boxes I use for my Leo babies as a temporary measure, while the biggest is in an exoterra 45x45x60, he looks lost in it ! :main_laugh:

Another quickie, can males be kept in ratios of more than one as a group, say 2 males to 2 females ?

Last edited:

eric

OREGON GECKO
Mark they look awesome congrats!! I'd keep them in small groups of 1.2 or 1.3 one male to a few females. On the size of enclosures the Exoterra would look sharp set-up o' natural!:main_thumbsup: Congrats again!:D

Big Red One

Mark they look awesome congrats!! I'd keep them in small groups of 1.2 or 1.3 one male to a few females. On the size of enclosures the Exoterra would look sharp set-up o' natural!:main_thumbsup: Congrats again!:D

Thanks Eric,

here's a pic of the Exo setup, I haven't seen the 'big fella' so far yet, he is always hiding !
Maybe I over did the decor though too.... :main_laugh:

GoniViv5.jpg

Could the two little ones be kept together for now ? I was hoping to keep all 3 in the Exo, but suspect there may be 2 males.

The largest is about 14cm nose to tail tip and the others are maybe 8cm and 6cm, so small!

Here's a pic of the big guy in the Exo... He turned away at the last minute so I missed the eyes, but didn't want to stress him by trying again!

GLuii3.jpg

eric

OREGON GECKO
The set-up looks fantastic! I don't think you over did it at all!:main_thumbsup: I'd separate them if there's a chance that they all could be males also I'd keep the smaller ones in a shoe box 12 qt./ 15 qt. or a small enclosure to monitor there input and output ;).

geckomaster

Those are gorgeous and have some very unique patterns. The male will be a great breeder. The two smaller ones seem to have quite a ways to go so I agree with the above advice and they should beef up quicker if kept separate. Don't be scared these guys are easy peasy and when they breed the offspring should be fantastic (are you starting a waiting list yet? :) )

Big Red One

Thanks fpor the nice comments guys, they are all housed seperately and doing well.

I also picked up another CB luii but he/she is a bit flighty at the moment and isn't keen on being disturbed.

I keep finding the big guy hanging upside down off the mesh of the Exoterra when I flick my red Led light on around midnight when I go to bed...:D

I do love the caves, think my leo's are getting jealous at the attention now !
:main_laugh:

Big Red One

That guy is awesome. I'd love to get a baby or two from you later on.

Thanks Kelli - my ladies aren't yet big enough, but hopefully something may happen next year ! :D

Not sure how easy it is to get them from UK to the States either ...

Anyway I found the big guy out again - but this time the other way up !!! :main_laugh:

I think he think's he's a bat - hanging off the exo mesh like this.

HangingGoni-1.jpg

Visit our friends