Gecko Advice!

kspiers1127

Hello guys!
Recently, my leopard gecko went to the vet and got put on multiple oral medications. Just reaching out to see if anyone has any tips on how to get them to open their mouths or even how to gently open without alarming them. Anything would be very much appreciated :) 4DB70330-22BD-4F19-9640-C232735B88BF.jpeg

ZNature

Hi! I answered your thread previously on your Leo’s wound. I hope he’s doing better. You can try using something like a popsicle stick to gently open his mouth or try to gently wrap him in a small towel to hold him still for him to receive medication. You can also try distracting him with food.

kspiers1127

Hi! I answered your thread previously on your Leo’s wound. I hope he’s doing better. You can try using something like a popsicle stick to gently open his mouth or try to gently wrap him in a small towel to hold him still for him to receive medication. You can also try distracting him with food.
thank you so much!! your last reply was very helpful as well! After that we took him to the doctor for further evaluation :)

Visit our friends