Gecko eggs not hatching

Hi so I have some gecko eggs incubating and two clutches have seemed to develop a little than stop temperatures nad humidity are good does anyone have any answers.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean by "develop a little and stop". In most cases, when eggs are fertile you will see a red bull's eye at the beginning. If the eggs continue to develop, the inside of the egg will look red when candeled . Pretty soon, the embryo takes up enough space so you can't see much of anything. As I've mentioned before, I've seen eggs that seem to be pretty good end up with nothing to show and eggs that looked pretty funky hatching healthy babies.
It's nice to know that an egg, after it's been laid, is fertile, even though that doesn't guarantee it will lead to a healthy hatchling, or any hatchling at all. In my opinion it's essential to then just leave the eggs alone to develop or not develop and wait for results. At the higher temperature end, hatching occurs in about 4 weeks (but could be longer) and at the low temperature end it takes more like 7 weeks (but could be longer or shorter).

Aliza

Ok I candled just now and saw just a little red formation in the egg it wasn’t a circle it was kind of a jumble I only wanted to candle them once this is the first time do you think that it’s good I’ll show a picture.

Here that are

Attachments

• 9ECF6AC2-4C7B-4E1C-86FF-BD33B535FFFA.jpeg
    9ECF6AC2-4C7B-4E1C-86FF-BD33B535FFFA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 40BF61D1-84F4-4183-BADE-FF8B4DE2384C.jpeg
    40BF61D1-84F4-4183-BADE-FF8B4DE2384C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Looks promising but no way to know for sure. Just leave them alone and see what does or doesn't happen.

Aliza

Visit our friends