Gecko habitat

Waighto

I need to keep it at 70 degrees but the problem is that the lid on the cage is a screen and lets a lot of heat out. How do I rectify this with out covering the lid completely?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you keep the room at 70, the ambient temp in the tank will be 70, but you may not want to keep the room that warm (I don't). So here are 2 other suggestions:

--lay a piece of plexiglass (or a towel) over part or all of the screen top. I think this could be an issue with humidity in the summer, but in the winter with all the dry heat, it may not be a problem.

--don't worry about the ambient temp as long as your house is in the low to mid 60's. Focus on keeping belly heat in the low to mid 90's and the gecko will be fine.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
90 degrees for a crested will kill them. they cant handle temps over 80 for long at all.

I was referring to leopard geckos when I suggested low to mid 90's. When my ambient temps in the summer get that high my crestie and garg to into their basement vacation homes.

Aliza

Dron2124

Crested
u mite want to tell him u were talking about a leo. because this is in the Rhacodactylus section and 90 degrees will kill a good amount of them.

Visit our friends