Gecko humidity way to high. help plz

Zach

How can i lower humidity in my geckos tank? I just bought a gecko yesterday, i got a tiny water bowl in there as small as i can, i also got my ac running but its at 60 to 70% n i cannot get it lowered. I live in florida where humidity is crazy high. I just got him his UTh so his temps are around 85 to 88 on his hot side . Also his cool side is about 70. But his humidity will not drop. Any suggestions?? Ty

54BA4EDC-FDA2-44C3-B8B5-7D1FEA32ED4E.jpeg 475B6FBB-E3F7-4A8F-B132-9638EC0A8950.jpeg 94DC4A4A-44EB-4E48-9FFF-F7D333FB8918.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Don't trust that humidity gauge, it's probably wrong. I live in New England with no AC. In the summer it's often very hot and humid. My leopard geckos are fine. Don't worry about it.

Aliza

Atlas

Don't trust that humidity gauge, it's probably wrong

Piggybacking on this, if you want to test a humidity gauge, put a pile/cup of wet salt in a ziploc bag with some air and the hygrometer and wait for it to stabilise (no movement for a few hours) in a location away from direct sunlight and temperature fluctuations.

Whatever it reads is actually 75%, so you can work out how far off it is based on that.

Visit our friends