Gecko Incubators

Geckofan.me

Hi , ive been wanting to breed my leopard gecko and would like to know if chicken egg incubators work and what i would need to modify if not then does anyone have any good diy leopard gecko incubators.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The hobovator, originally designed for chicken eggs, is a standard beginner gecko incubator. There are 2 things you need to keep in mind:
--the thermostat isn't the best. I replaced the thermostat with a proportional thermostat. If you get the Zoomed Reptibator, you'll essentially be paying for a Hobovator plus good thermostat
--if you live in a place without AC, the Hobovator doesn't cool so if the temperature in the room gets above your incubation temperature, the inside of the incubator will as well. When I was using a Hobovator, it spent the summer in my basement.

The other thing about chicken egg incubators is that chicken eggs need to be turned when they're incubating and gecko eggs should never be turned. Make sure the chicken incubator is set up not to turn the eggs. Do some research about egg boxes to put the eggs in when they go in the incubator.

Aliza

Visit our friends