Gecko infrequent eating habits

Giffin

Hi all, I’ve recently adopted a wonder gecko (very similar requirements to a leopard gecko) and his eating is very on and off. I’ll leave him with up to 15 fresh gut loaded mealworms every evening but 5 nights of the week he won’t touch anything. When he does he’ll only have a couple. The weird thing is he’ll dash across his terrarium to snatch a waxworm off me. He’s always been fed mealworms however I have cut live crickets out of his diet since i re-homed him (intending to reintroduce them soon). Still seems active and healthy. I’ll add he went almost a month without eating when I first brought him home from the pet store. Any help appreciated!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not unusual for geckos, in my experience, to have times during the year when they eat very little. Most of my leopard geckos don't seem to be very hungry right now. Also, you may get better results if you feed every 2-3 days. I feed my leopard geckos Mondays and Thursdays. Some geckos, once they discover waxworms, can reject everything else. You should consider ditching the waxworms.

Aliza

Visit our friends