Gecko jumped from my hand

linkj154

Hi this is my first time posting on these forums. I have a 4 month old leopard gecko. She is doing very well so far. However last night there was an incident. I was holding her and she was startled by a noise from outside and she jumped from my hand. She fell about 3 feet and 7-9 inches. She hit rigid foam insulation about 7-8 inches on the way down and fell about 3 more feet and landed on her stomach on the hardwood floor. She seemed fine afterwards. She didn't scream or show any signs of stress. She doesn't have any signs of an injury. She is still acting moving and eating normally. When Inspected her afterwards I did notice a blue colored area on her lower belly, but it wasn't swollen and I am not sure if it was organs or internal bleeding. I have a vet appointment for an annual checkup scheduled 2 weeks from today. Do you guys think I should get her in sooner? Also could the blue area on her belly be a sign of internal bleeding or is it just organs? I will keep a very close eye on her for the next few days. What are some things I should watch out for?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Change in behavior and appetite could be warning signs. The purple belly is probably organs. It's probably fine; they're pretty hardy.

Aliza

Visit our friends