Jcmlovesgeckos

Hi everyone! My name is John. I own two crested geckos. I didn’t get them at the same time though. My first gecko, Elliott came abt a year before my second, Noumea. Elliott was my first gecko so there was definitely some trial and error But once I determined he was a boy I decided a female gecko would be nice for him thinking they would get along be and in good company. The results were not was i expected. When Noumea finally came, I brought them both to a neutral area in a play pen. As soon as they saw eachother, Elliot crawled up behind Noumea and bit her tail. I was shocked and decided to divide Elliotts tank in half with a border in between. I was not considering buying another tank for Noumea. tensions between the two of them lessened as they were able to smell and sometimes see eachother through the mesh screen. On multiple occasions while I was not with them, they managed to get into each others side. And we’re totally fine with each other. That’s when I decided to take down the border in its entirety. It had been months of them getting used to eachother so I assumed they would be fine. Over this time eillot had started loosing weight in his tail, developed wrinkly skin and was eating less. It got to the point I considered going to the vet. Looking back now this wasn’t a neutral spot of them to conjoin as eillot’s used to have the whole tank to himself. Could this have thrown him off? But I didn’t know what to do. It seemed like a lot of work to get a whole new terrarium up and running for Noumea. They weren’t being nasty to each other but Elliott status didn’t improve. That’s when I finally went through and got an new tank for Noumea. Unlike Noumea eillot still doesn’t eat as much as he used to. And it seems like they both miss each other. I caught them look at each other through the glass and noumea is always on the ground closest to eillot’s cage. Also the only way I can get food into Elliotts mouth is by hand feeding. I always hand fed him and he never caught on to the food in his terrarium dish. Noumea is just fine eating in her cage. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get him to start eating on his own. Also now Elliott seems alot more energetic but still doesn’t eat!!! I don’t know what else to do. I really care for my geckos and always put them first. Also do you guys think what has happened over the past year has effected the geckos trust in me? I will listen to your options with a open heart! Please send any tips tricks and advice! Thank you for your time.

NearMeGeckos

Hi everyone! My name is John. I own two crested geckos. I didn’t get them at the same time though. My first gecko, Elliott came abt a year before my second, Noumea. Elliott was my first gecko so there was definitely some trial and error But once I determined he was a boy I decided a female gecko would be nice for him thinking they would get along be and in good company. The results were not was i expected. When Noumea finally came, I brought them both to a neutral area in a play pen. As soon as they saw eachother, Elliot crawled up behind Noumea and bit her tail. I was shocked and decided to divide Elliotts tank in half with a border in between. I was not considering buying another tank for Noumea. tensions between the two of them lessened as they were able to smell and sometimes see eachother through the mesh screen. On multiple occasions while I was not with them, they managed to get into each others side. And we’re totally fine with each other. That’s when I decided to take down the border in its entirety. It had been months of them getting used to eachother so I assumed they would be fine. Over this time eillot had started loosing weight in his tail, developed wrinkly skin and was eating less. It got to the point I considered going to the vet. Looking back now this wasn’t a neutral spot of them to conjoin as eillot’s used to have the whole tank to himself. Could this have thrown him off? But I didn’t know what to do. It seemed like a lot of work to get a whole new terrarium up and running for Noumea. They weren’t being nasty to each other but Elliott status didn’t improve. That’s when I finally went through and got an new tank for Noumea. Unlike Noumea eillot still doesn’t eat as much as he used to. And it seems like they both miss each other. I caught them look at each other through the glass and noumea is always on the ground closest to eillot’s cage. Also the only way I can get food into Elliotts mouth is by hand feeding. I always hand fed him and he never caught on to the food in his terrarium dish. Noumea is just fine eating in her cage. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get him to start eating on his own. Also now Elliott seems alot more energetic but still doesn’t eat!!! I don’t know what else to do. I really care for my geckos and always put them first. Also do you guys think what has happened over the past year has effected the geckos trust in me? I will listen to your options with a open heart! Please send any tips tricks and advice! Thank you for your time.
Hello, and welcome to the forum!!

Cresties shouldn't be housed together, some female groups can be ok but never female/male male/male. The males will fight for territory and the female and male will breed, just like any other opposite sexed animal in the same area. Constant breeding causes stress and lizard breeding isn't all that chill. The male literly bites the female to hold on.

I would try a variety of food and fresh fruits to intice better eating habits. Live food as well.

Separate their cages or put a barrier between them so they can't see each other. They don't miss eachother- they want to mate.

If you can, give a visit to a reptile savvy vet for a checkup.

Hope this helped!

Visit our friends