Get gecko to eat mealworms

redpanda0129

so my leopard gecko is about 3 years old now and has never ate anything but crickets. Even as a baby he wouldn't eat meal worms. As i am going off to college I'm trying to get him to eat them so it'll be easier for my family to care for him. Problem is everytime he sees it he looks at it and walks away. is there anyway i can get him to eat mealworms

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! You may have to wait him out a little bit unfortunately. Have you considered trying dubia roaches or other insects?

redpanda0129

No i am not aloud to do roaches as my parent dont want them in the house and he always eats crickets and has only ever wanted to

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You could try super worms. They move around more than mealworms. I wasn't able to get my kids to eat things they didn't want to when they were young, and it didn't work with my geckos either!

Aliza

redpanda0129

You could try super worms. They move around more than mealworms. I wasn't able to get my kids to eat things they didn't want to when they were young, and it didn't work with my geckos either!

Aliza
ya im just worried he wont get all his vitamins and calcuim unless they can just use something as simple as mealworms

Visit our friends