Giant Day Gecko Enclosure

Corey Tre

Hello fellow reptile enthusiasts. I just wanted some advice/opinions regarding my new Giant Day Gecko Terrarium. I had a pair housed in a 18x18x36. I was relatively content with that enclosure but decided to move them into an 48x12x24. This new enclosure is vertically smaller obviously but the length of the terrarium offers a lot more space. I know these animals are vertically oriented but I figured a 24 inch enclosure is still decent in regards to height and this obviously has incredible length for them to Be separated if need be or to roam around. Any opinions on if this new enclosure will be okay or perhaps have I made a mistake? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 50380EBC-2229-4368-AD2F-76B87EC0B043.jpeg
    50380EBC-2229-4368-AD2F-76B87EC0B043.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I am not a giant day gecko expert. In general, I would have gone with the taller one, but it may be that at the extra space is a good idea as well. I imagine you know how they behaved in the taller one. Give them time to adjust to the new one and see if you think their behavior is reasonable there as well.

Aliza

Sea Stone

I have had a Day and a Crested in a 18x18x24 for almost 5 years and the do just fine. I’am sure yours will be happy in the one you have provided. Love the plants.

Corey Tre

Hello fellow reptile enthusiasts. I just wanted some advice/opinions regarding my new Giant Day Gecko Terrarium. I had a pair housed in a 18x18x36. I was relatively content with that enclosure but decided to move them into an 48x12x24. This new enclosure is vertically smaller obviously but the length of the terrarium offers a lot more space. I know these animals are vertically oriented but I figured a 24 inch enclosure is still decent in regards to height and this obviously has incredible length for them to Be separated if need be or to roam around. Any opinions on if this new enclosure will be okay or perhaps have I made a mistake? Thanks for any advice.
Update: Ended up moving the pair back into the the 18x18x36. I really felt like they had a better feel of being in a tree in that enclosure. Here is a pic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it better? More space to be active perhaps?

Attachments

• C3AA7AC7-5955-4FBE-9BE8-4151CC622702.jpeg
    C3AA7AC7-5955-4FBE-9BE8-4151CC622702.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Visit our friends