Going to a reptile show for the first time

L-G-C

More than just leos now
So tomorow I am going to a reptile show for the first time. I'm excited yet nervous. Anything I should know before going?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Leave your wallet/purse at home, no cash whatsoever apart from emergency fuel money and your entry fee, you will thank yourself later XD
Apart from that if you want to see the best stuff get there early, and most of all have fun! Don't be afraid to ask breeders questions they usually love answering them and you can pick up some really good tips and cheap feeders/supplies.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
I see, we'll be there at the time it opens cause we are earlie birds.
Luckily its not my purse its my mother's purse we have to worry about... :D

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Keep it under lock and key or you'll be saving up for an extension for all the reps you come home with, I think its manditory you just have to buy SOMETHING.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
okay... my mom says we'll atleast buy something (I am hoping for a super snow female cause I think they are beautiful) but i don't know yet. She says its a surprise... I can't wait to go... :D

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Supersnows rock! Just if you want to find the best selection get there early, you can allways ask them to hold a gecko back while you go on a looksie.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
hmm... i'll keep that in mind. I'm not going to breed anymore though so i don't need the best. Just one with a good personality...

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Personality will be hard to determine since everything there is at least a little stressed. Super Snows do rock and you will probably see plenty there. Have fun :)

phoneguy

Be ready to stand in line to get in. I went to my first show in the beginning of Dec. and the line was about 200 people long. It was worth the wait. I was just supposed to be buying supplies and came out with 1 Leo. I wanted to buy 10 but kept it under control. Have fun.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
Personality will be hard to determine since everything there is at least a little stressed. Super Snows do rock and you will probably see plenty there. Have fun :)

True... didn't think about that. Well lets just hope if I get one that she(can't have any more males) will have a good personality...

Last edited:

L-G-C

More than just leos now
Be ready to stand in line to get in. I went to my first show in the beginning of Dec. and the line was about 200 people long. It was worth the wait. I was just supposed to be buying supplies and came out with 1 Leo. I wanted to buy 10 but kept it under control. Have fun.

Oh my a 200 ppl in a line?! I hope that doesn't happen to us... I'll try to keep it under control and I shall have fun! :D

Masson

Where is this show located? I go to the one in Taylor once in awhile. Lansing is only an hour drive for me. Is this show monthly or is it just random?

phoneguy

Oh my a 200 ppl in a line?! I hope that doesn't happen to us... I'll try to keep it under control and I shall have fun! :D

The funny thing is that I was talking to a lady in back of me and I asked if it was always that long she said "oh no its usually a lot longer than this" lol.
Trust me it is still worth waiting and the line went faster than I expected.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
Okay well I went. It was fun, didn't get any leos though because there was none... Did get some feeders for good prices. They had some pretty awsome animals there...

Latlaw

wow! no leo's? What kind a show is that?? lol Good ya got some feeds though! And I hear you on personality. Just as important as the look to me ;0)

L-G-C

More than just leos now
wow! no leo's? What kind a show is that?? lol Good ya got some feeds though! And I hear you on personality. Just as important as the look to me ;0)

Ya. One with a good personality I think is better than a pretty one...
They had a bobcat and you could pet it! Not a single leo though. The closet thing was three african fat tails and couple crested geckos. It was mostly snakes though and my mom wont let me have thoose...

Visit our friends