Got Tricked, but I guess it really was my gain!

SteelRidge

Pit & Gecko Chick
So. I got my original leopard off one of my local yard sale pages on facebook. A woman saw my conversation about purchasing the persons gecko and messaged me asking if I wanted her geckos. She told me I could purchase them for 60 dollars with all their accessories. I said yes and asked what they were and she said leopard. Well, you would imagine my surpise when I got there and I had 1 leopard gecko and 1 fat tail. Both males, both together for a year, both in a ten gallon aquarium. They are both malnorished but friendly. I have never had a fat tail, but he is very very nice and likes to be touched. Ate yesterday, 6 crickets and 2 mealworms.

I have him in a 55 gallon that I have divided between him and the leopard. UTH one half of his side, kept aroudn 90 degrees. I put tile in their tank. He has 2 dry and 1 wet hide, 1 water bowl, and 1 food bowl. Papertowls on one side for him to poo on when he is ready. I am spraying 3 times daily, and making sure his wet hide stays wet, but not soaking.

Is there anything else I need to know? I will post photos this evening.

Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Generally sounds pretty good. I don't think you need to spray the fat tail that often. Once a day should be enough. What are you offering as food? Most fat tails will only eat crickets and/or roaches, though I have a few that will eat superworms.
Aliza

geckobabies

African Fat Tails <3
If your Fat Tail has a moist hide that is kept moist, you don't need to spray them. They are not a tropical species. The humidity inside the box will simulate the humidity they get going underground.

Continue to feed whatever it will eat. Crickets, mealies, roaches are all good. Remember to dust with a calcium and vitamin powder this is going to be very important if they are rescues. I would also strongly suggest getting a fecal done at the vet to check for overloaded parasites. They can very quickly get out of control and can spread quite easily.

Good luck :)

Visit our friends