Green Tree Python vocalizations??? HELP!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
One of my 3-year old female GTP's has been VERY vocal lately. She's always been a 'hisser', but she is vocalizing with a high pitched squeal that goes on until her lungs are deflated. It's very unnerving, and there is no evidence of a RI or any other problem other than she has not been interested in food since the holidays. She recently shed with no difficulty, and her last defecation was normal but pretty small. She is on a 12-hour light cycle, and her cage gets misted daily. The temperature under the radiant heat panel where the probe is averages 86-88 degrees, but she seems to like the upper perch on the cooler end of the cage. Tonight she struck at a warm FT rat, and then released and dropped it... and then went through a good 10-15 second shriek with her mouth slightly open. Any ideas what's going on with her? :eek:

Dimidiata

You dont think she has any soreness/broken or fractures in her jaw do you? Is it possible she had eaten back during the holidays and not relocated her jaw right? It may be worth having a vet do an X-ray to check it out. Though you would probably exspect some outward sign like swelling or redness, its possible that its minimal.

Last edited:

JordanAng420

If you're sure it's not a RI, could her mouth be bothering her for some reason? Have you tried to look in her mouth?

I just got over a RI that turned into Pneumonia with one of my male GTP's. It did start out with a loss of appetite and a slight wheeze.

Heather

"Special Edition"
I agree with something possibly going on with her mouth/jaw. How long has she been doing this, again?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I don't see anything wrong with her mouth, and there is no mucous or bubbles from there or her nose. It's almost like she is in pain or really pissed off. I have an appointment to take her in to see Dr. Harkewicz.

Visit our friends