Grey skin over his head

bibocalex

attachment.php
Hello again,
same gecko last week i had to remove his shed from its head and it was real hard. From then its stopped eating. Yesterday i saw some grey skin on his forehead so i though it is calcium but today the mark has grown and i cant remove it with wet napkin so i dont think its calcium. What should i do. And is this making it have 0 appetite ??? thanks in advance

Attachments

• gecko.jpg
    gecko.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 35

PanJaster

Hello,

it might be hurt skin from removing shed a bit late, at last I think it is so. Altough, usually such wounds are a bit bloody, so I am not 100% sure about that. Just keep your gecko in clean enclousure, should get well after few days if it is not too serious. You can also visit vet, if you know about some that knows at last a bit about reptiles.

bibocalex

Thanks,
the gecko is energetic its pooping and so on. But the think that matters is its appetite.By the way this gecko is changing his skin color do you know why i mean its going from really dark to really bright yellow/brown ?

Neon Aurora

I would wait and see if it goes away after next shed. It might just be damage from stuck shed that will heal and go away with the next skin.

Is this gecko female? If so, she may be ovulating and it's normal for them not to eat. If it is male, it can still be normal to have a decreased appetite due to cooler temperatures. If you're still worried, you can post details to your set up (your temps, what you're using for heat, what you are measuiring your temps with, substrate, hides, etc) and we can troubleshoot it for you. A lot of times eating problems are linked to incorrect husbandry.

Changing color is normal. Many of mine do it. It seems to be in relation to light and possibly other stuff too. They always lighten up for me if I expose them to a lot of light, give a warm bath, or feed them. It's not a big deal.

bibocalex

Hello there,
yeah it is female never though of ovulating. I can say the temperature is between 26-28 i use heating mat. She doesnt loose weight as i inspect her every day. And she is getting interested in worms, so maybe in 2-3 days she will eat as the pig she is :)

PanJaster

Low temperatures could be the reason for dark colour of your gecko. Usually, geckos can have up to 35 C / 95 F in the hot side of their viv during the day. I saw darker shades in my geckos during winter when I dropped temps in their setups.

Visit our friends