Gutloading

indyana

Join in and post some pictures of gutloading! A very important step that folks sometimes skip...

Mealworms for this week getting some arugula, summer squash, and Repashy SuperLoad.

indyana

SuperLoad I like because of the ingredients, although the bugs don't go for it as readily as staples like Bug Burger. My other fav gutloads are the chow from ReptileSupplies.co and MS2 (limited production at the moment).

Pro Gutload from Professional Reptiles I use as mealworms bedding but not gutload.

Any favorites you would recommend?

CinTob

Question... So, I've been gutloading crickets for my geckos, and mealworms for the blue birds. How long can I keep them with the same mustard greens/sweet potatoes? (I also use Rapashy powder.) I've been leaving them in a container with them for a few days. Well, actually, the mealworms make the greens disappear within a couple of days.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This is only my understanding and it's possible that I may be missing something essential. I provide a constant food source for my feeders (crickets and super worms). I assume that at any given moment there are feeders who are "full" of the nutrition provided and others who have "emptied" themselves and are ready to begin the filling part of the cycle. If I feed a number of prey items to my geckos, they will likely be eating prey items that are in various parts of the cycle. So far, it seems to be working because everyone looks healthy.

Aliza

CinTob

I guess as long as none of it gets moldy, I'm ok. Usually what's left is dry and I remove it while adding more.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I buy gut load from Professional Reptiles (https://shop.professionalreptiles.com/Insect-Food-c63585001). I buy 20 lb. at a time because at that weight the shipping is free. I keep the gut load at the bottom of the cricket enclosure. I have a container for water crystals as well. When it dries up I just put some water in it and it bulks up again. Any greens I feed them in addition are sufficiently non-pulpy that they don't get moldy.

Aliza

Visit our friends