"Halloween Masks"??

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
What are these? Haven't heard of them till i joined this site, and am seein people postin ads for em... Is it some kind of Red Stripe or Bold Stripe morph? Or maybe some Bandit thrown in there??

Anyone know the genes on these or what kind of cross it may be?

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
Actually some really good people to ask about this are Chris Smith of Palmetto Geckos, Paul Allen of Bright Albino and Brittney Gougeon of PacHerp. They are all working on this project and have stunning animals and they will all talk your ear off and have great stock and are a total wealth of knowledge

robin

i dont see what the big hoopla is about them. i and let me make this clear. have not seen one YET that i have liked. some of the crosses are okay but i do not see whats so special about them. is it because they have a "mask" looking head pattern? i dunno

i am not trying to disrespect any breeder or anything so please do not take it that way.

Allee Toler

i dont see what the big hoopla is about them. i and let me make this clear. have not seen one YET that i have liked. some of the crosses are okay but i do not see whats so special about them. is it because they have a "mask" looking head pattern? i dunno

i am not trying to disrespect any breeder or anything so please do not take it that way.

I don't care for them as well. But to each their own. I know some people who absolutely love them. But I couldn't care less if I own one or not. Everyone has their own opinions on what's pretty or not.

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Yeah they originally come from Albey, Paul has put in a few years work with them recently. When I visited Paul Allen 2 years ago I seen them for the first time in person. They are BY FAR my favorite gecko morph available. The intricate labyrinth head patterns darken the whole appearance. But to each their own. Every morph is not for everyone, Good thing we have so many, and variations of each huh!

W

watspoppin25a

i think a few look quite stunning, but they are not a really special morph imo

STUTFL

As I strongly prefer the "colored" geckos over albinos, I like the Halloween Masks. :)
The bold spots and stripes are one of my favorite things about leos in the first place. :D

robin

i like high contrast animals but i dont see this whole head pattern thing. i am assuming it is a line bred trait. i would assume if one tried they could produce on a normal basis a funky bold head pattern i mean if you did it the right way.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Cool, thanx for all the info... I just checked it out, n it described it to me perfectly, lol... So all it basically refers to is the patterning on the head... From what i can tell anywayz...

But then... Bold Stripes and Bandits sometimes have alot of patterning on the head, and they aren't labeled Halloween Masks... So are they a Halloween Mask then aswell, or not...? So basically Halloween Masks aren't really a gene or morph... it just is what they are callin a gecko with alot of head patterning...???

Wandering Paddle

no, it isnt that any gecko with lots of head patterning is a halloween mask. It has to be from the HM line. HMs are often bred into boldstripe lines...

As far as the genetics go, it is a polygenic trait that can act as an incomplete recessive (like stripes) at times

Visit our friends