Hatchling question

Ac26

Had a gecko hatch today think it's a eclipse never hatched an eclipse before could someone tell me if that's what it is pairing was Mack snow eclipse x Mack snow eclipse

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 25

DrCarrotTail

Looks like it definitely could be an eclipse from that picture. From the pairing you describe it also has to be an eclipse. The little white nose and white feet are indicators of the eclipse gene being there. Congrats on a pretty baby!

Neon Aurora

Cool hatchling! So much pigment on it. I agree it's an eclipse. I would love to see more pics as it grows and develops. It is an interesting looking one. Because of that bit of yellow I don't think it is a mack snow.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I agree that the white nose marks it as eclipse. I don't think it has to be an eclipse, because if each parent has 1 copy of the eclipse gene, I think you could get a gecko that inherited the non-eclipse gene from each parent, just like this one has 2 Mack snow parents, but did not inherit the Mack snow gene.

Aliza

DrCarrotTail

Eclipse is recessive - if I'm reading the original post correctly, both parents are visual eclipses so the baby has to be one as well. Mack Snow is dominant so only one copy is needed to be a snow :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Eclipse is recessive - if I'm reading the original post correctly, both parents are visual eclipses so the baby has to be one as well. Mack Snow is dominant so only one copy is needed to be a snow :)

Sorry, I had a brain blip. You're right, of course.

Aliza

Visit our friends