Heat pad vs radiant heat panel

PinkInk22

Hello everyone new here to the forum so if this is in the wrong place or another thread has this topic feel free to point me in the right direction. I recently purchased my first leopard gecko I have a large PVC enclosure about 33 gallons that should be shipping for June so right now she is in a temp enclosure with underbelly heating. I was emailing with the tank company and the representative had mentioned that she used radiant heat panels but also said some people swear but heat pads for underbelly so I was just wondering what was the popular opinion on here? has anyone tried both I am really knew just trying to set up the best permanent home for my girl come June! Thank you for any help and advice. =)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have no experience with radiant heat panels. You could good them and do some research. I prefer to use ZooMed heat cable because it can be installed, removed and reconfigured without damaging it in contrast to the heat pads with their adhesive.

Aliza

Bliss13

I use Deep Heat Projectors. I have slate rock as substrate and hides are made out of slate. The DHP heat up the slate to the temp I select so they end up getting good belly heat but also the benefit of Infrared A and B as well as C. My geckos became much more active after switching to DHP vs UTH. But of course UTH are great as well.

Visit our friends